The project consisted of the construction of a new 29,000 SF, two-story steel and masonry retail structure and partial basement. Dating back to the 1880’s, the site is located on a busy corner lot in downtown Pasadena and has housed several historical buildings over the last one hundred years. The restricted lot size requires extensive shoring, while delicately excavating the remains of historical structures. The building features three towers that reflect the original design of Pasadena’s City Hall that was built in 1902.
- Hayes Co. – One East Union, The Container Store